|have fun.||give back.||make a difference!|
With a focus on youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure. We have a wide variety of volunteer opportunities to match your passion, skills and schedule.
- Lead our Boards of Directors and Committees.
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community.
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes.
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals.
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier.
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors.
|Bay View YMCA||Suzanne Metzger||341-3207||June and July Volunteer Opportunities|
|Carlson MetroCenter||Laura Kroening||263-4267|
|Eastside YMCA||Colleen McGreer||341-4021|
|Lewis Street||Georgia Vosburgh||325-2572|
|Maplewood YMCA||Lisa Greer||277-1656|
|Monroe YMCA||Nicole Meyer||341-4072|
|Northwest YCA||Mary Ellen VanAuker||723-3023|
|Southeast YMCA||Tara Minor||341-3257||New Spring 2013 Opportunities|
|Southwest YMCA||Kathie Spotts||341-4058|
|Victor YMCA||Terri Thon||341-3267|
|Westside YMCA||Julie Montgomery||341-3107||Yathlon and Kids Tri Volunteers|
|Camp Cory||Patrick Foster||263-4241|
The YMCA of Greater Rochester will not tolerate child abuse in any way. The YMCA will:
Take all reports of abuse seriously.
Screen all staff prior to hiring to ensure the safety of our children.
Require all staff to sign a YMCA code of contact.
Monitor all staff interactions with campers to ensure safety.
Fully cooperate with authorities in all cases of abuse.